Retirement planning is one of the biggest goals you can have and more often than not is overlooked by expatriates who have moved to the USA as it is not seen as a priority with the stress of relocating and adjusting to life in the USA. In addition, many UK expatriates are confused by the language of USA retirement planning options, such as 401(k), IRA, Roth IRA, Rollovers, etc. and the majority are unfamiliar with the tax consequences of each type of retirement planning option.
If you plan to retire in the USA, securing a financial future here should be a main priority and LDN Wealth can help. Whether your retirement is just around the corner or still a few years away LDN Wealth can explain all unfamiliar terms in language you feel comfortable with and will help you find the right strategies to help you save and stay on track for your retirement in the USA.
The type of retirement planning services LDN Wealth offers include:
- Traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
- A Traditional IRA is a tax-deferred retirement account. You save today and are taxed in the USA when you withdraw the money. This is similar to a UK Self Invested Personal Pension.
- Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
- Your contribution is post tax, so when you retire and start withdrawing, the money and any potential growth in the account may be tax-free.
- Roth IRA Conversions
- convert your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA by paying tax on some or all of the retirement assets held today, rather than when you withdraw those assets in retirement.
- 401(k) Rollovers
- If you have recently changed employers or retired in the USA you may be wondering what to do with the 401(k) from your previous employer. You can move the money to your new employers 401(k) or rollover the money to an IRA.
- Group 401(k) Set up for E-2 and EB-5 Visa small businesses
- This unique service offered by LDN Wealth helps you set up a 401(k) plan for your small business